EDF Energy have operations spanning electricity generation and the sale of gas and electricity to homes and businesses throughout the United Kingdom. They are proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity and they strive to help Britain achieve carbon neutrality.
The 2021 Supplier of the Year and Best Value for Money – Large Supplier provide customers with easy and hassle-free switching. Their mobile app allows customers to manage multiple accounts, submit meter readings, pay on the go and stay current on energy usage and tariff information.
EDF Energy are a wholly owned subsidiary of the French state-owned EDF Group (Electricité de France), which is one of Europe's largest energy companies. Founded in 2002, the supplier is headquartered in London. Additional services offered by the energy supplier include electricity generation, transmission and distribution and energy trading. The company service England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and France.
- Award-winning value
- Leaders in low-carbon electricity, sourced from wind, nuclear and solar
- Small business energy tariffs backed by zero carbon electricity
- Pay by monthly direct debit
- Net zero carbon initiative
- They provide easy and hassle-free switching
- They also offer electricity generation, transmission and distribution and energy trading
- Partners with Prostate Cancer UK
Two-thirds of the energy supplier’s fuel mix for electricity is generated by nuclear power. Renewables (wind and solar, in particular), gas, coal and “other” make up the rest.